Testing feeds

2del 2del at maryhit.com
Sat Jun 13 09:57:44 CEST 2009

Hi,
I've installed OM2009 from the
http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/*** feed and I can say
that it's great.

I had only few less important issues till now:
a) cannot simply disable the suspend. I tried to put suspend time -1 in the
settings window, but did not work; I tried to write directly in
/etc/frameworkd.conf suspend=0 , still did not work. Finally I edited
/etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml and put instead of suspend "ssuspend"
and the rule never gets true.
b) cannot make midori skip showing the warning that you are a superuser
c) in both midori and firefox, if you set it to full screen and diable the
menu bar, there is no way to close the application. Reboot is the only
option.
d) did not find how to put the "landscape" view (especially for browsing)
e) did not find any web page on the web with step by step mp3 support (I
know it is not supposed to be available in the officail feeds)

To cut long story short: intall the unstable and have fun.