Testing feeds

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Sun Jun 14 16:34:09 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 10:57 AM, 2del<2del at maryhit.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've installed OM2009 from the
> http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/unstable/*** feed and I can say
> that it's great.

Nice to hear :)

> I had only few less important issues till now:
> a) cannot simply disable the suspend. I tried to put suspend time -1 in the
> settings window, but did not work; I tried to write directly in
> /etc/frameworkd.conf suspend=0 , still did not work. Finally I edited
> /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml and put instead of suspend "ssuspend"
> and the rule never gets true.

Yes, there's something wrong in the image now. The only way to disable
suspend is to connect it to recharger/computer over USB.. I hope
this'll be fixed during the next 24 hours..

> c) in both midori and firefox, if you set it to full screen and diable the
> menu bar, there is no way to close the application. Reboot is the only
> option.

Or ssh in and kill the app. The same goes for some PDF viewers: full
screen is a no-go..
Please let the app devels know this..

> d) did not find how to put the "landscape" view (especially for browsing)

Not supported yet, but xrand should do it (command line)

> e) did not find any web page on the web with step by step mp3 support (I
> know it is not supposed to be available in the officail feeds)

Right, not supported.

> To cut long story short: intall the unstable and have fun.

Correct!