Testing feeds

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:42:04 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 9:57 AM, 2del<2del at maryhit.com> wrote:
[...]
> c) in both midori and firefox, if you set it to full screen and diable the
> menu bar, there is no way to close the application. Reboot is the only
> option.

I'll bore again a bit, sorry for topic deviation, please follow up in
the related thread on community list "better handling of aux and power
buttons".
On 2007.2, hackable:1 and may be no other distros, the aux button if
long pressed shows a menu that let you rotate the display, switch
fullscreen mode of current active window while a short power button
press lets you close it.
This simple tasks are VERY useful on a so limited hardware buttons
device and I do not understand well why this was abandoned in ASU,
SHR, and now in 2009.x.
In these days I'm trying to rewrite the neod daemon to use it on FSO/E
based distro, but just discovered (or at least it seems to be) that
E17 lacks support for _NET_CLOSE_WINDOW and other similar WM messages,
so only Illume topbar may close an application (see "Illume and
wmctrl" on devel list). I guess that's one of the reason for loosing
that.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that applications (paroli
itself for example) uses FSO or direct access to /dev/input/event to
gain keystrokes monopolizing them, this should be avoided and
applications should receive them only by X when have focus!
Really I'm not able to understand of those practices in all the OM
world and think we should discuss to reorganize that.

My 2 cents.

     Nicola