Dead Touchscreen, display is fine

vancel35 vancel at thespazcat.com
Mon Jun 15 18:15:34 CEST 2009

I was out riding my bicycle this past weekend, and I don't have a carrier for
my FR to keep it easy access for splitting GPS tracks, so I carry it against
my skin.

I sweated on it, but it still worked fine.  When I got home, I connected it
to my computer and transferred all of the TangoGPS files to my computer for
processing.  I left my FR connected to my computer to charge it up.

After a little time, I wanted to do something on my FR, but the touchscreen
was completely unresponsive.  I tried taking the back cover off and the
battery out to let it dry for a few hours, but the touchscreen is still
completely dead, but as I said, the display works as usual.

Another odd issue is that it normally charges in a few hours connected to my
computer, but after leaving it connected all night last night, it's still
only at about 80% charge.

Is there a connector that may have gotten wet, or anything that may just
require me to take the cover off and have a look?

Thanks for any info,

Laura