[Om2008.12] Wifi not working

Adolph J. Vogel ajvogel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:22:30 CEST 2009

I know this has been discussed on the mailling list ad nauseam. But after
several days of trying to get it working with the information on the wiki and
in the mailling list I`m reaching the point of utter frustration. I`m
wondering if there is something obvious I`m missing that someone could point
out.

Im running 2008.12 and ran the kustomizer script. The kernel in use is 2.6.24.

/etc/network/interfaces:
------------------------------
---
# wired or wireless interfaces
# from http://www.unixarena.de/openmoko.txt
iface eth0 inet dhcp
       wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
pre-up iwconfig eth0 essid off
up route del default gw 192.168.0.200

/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1

#vogelhuis
network={
ssid="vogelhuis"
scan_ssid=1
key_mgmt=NONE
wep_key0="047b3cb876"
wep_tx_keyidx=0
priority=5
}

The network appears to connect but it appears that the dhcp lookup fails. Any
help would greatly be appreciated.

Regards Adolph

--
Adolph J. Vogel     BEng(Hons)