gsm problem

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 10:42:58 CEST 2009

On Thursday 25 June 2009, Patryk Benderz wrote:
> Dnia 2009-06-24, śro o godzinie 21:50 -0700, abatrour pisze:
> > Do you have navit installed by any chance? That can break the audio.
>
> Could you be more precise? Currently i am testing OM2009R5 an i have no
> sound in any sound player (didn't test phone calls). Can this problem be
> connected with navit installation also?

Navit has speech-dispatcher as a dependency, and that can cause problems with
the audio. I'm not certain of the details but I think it hogs the OSS device,
and can cause audio to stop working entirely after suspend. You can uninstall
it entirely, or use one of the workarounds:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Navit#Speech
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/openmoko-community/2009/1/17/4756024