Freerunner won't boot: dies in uboot

Chris Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:29:58 CEST 2009

2009/6/30 arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de>:
> simply usb is still sufficient, only it takes longer.
> plug in, let it alone for the night and boot up next day.

It's been plugged in for about 100 hours at this point, and went for a
stretch of about 50 hours without me touching it. No change in
symptoms.

USB is not providing sufficient power for the phone to boot. Maybe
it's not detecting the presence of USB power, or not negotiating for
500mA current rather than the default 100mA, or something like that,
but if leaving it plugged in overnight solved the problem, I wouldn't
have posted in the first place; if USB power were sufficient for it to
boot, I wouldn't have posted.