SD Card read/write errors and NSOD

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:10:50 CET 2009

2009/3/9 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com>
[---]

> | The screen is full of random pixels, but not uniform as in the trac
> | ticket snapshot.
>
> Hm that guy had an encrypted FS which was suspected as the source of the
> entropy, because it's actually real tough to just happen across good
> random-looking data coming out of nowhere.  So this also makes it sound
> like SD Card blocks end up in the framebuffer region, in your case
> they'll full of more normally distributed file contents maybe.
>
> | Touching the TS sometimes update a random part of the screen with other
> | random pixels.
> | I'll try to reproduce and take a snapshot asap.
>
> Is the random part of the screen always a linear set of vertical lines?
> ~ Ie, never a 64 x 64 or such pixel square in its own world but always a
> linear block of framebuffer memory?

Yes, and one time I noted that after the screen was full of random data,
after some seconds from the middle line to the bottom line there was a
random screen update, it was fast, but I remember it was linear from up to
down.

Just now I'm not able to reproduce, I do not know if it's due to a good GSM
coverage here.
Regards

    Nicola