[HW] microSD card mount needs redesign

Toni Mueller support at oeko.net
Wed Mar 25 13:00:36 CET 2009

Hi,

On Tue, 24.03.2009 at 09:53:50 +0000, Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Alexander Shulgin wrote:
> > The card mount just _needs_ redesign.  With current version one have
> > to apply too much force at the sensitive parts of the device to get
> > the damn card out of it!
>
> http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/sdcard-handle/

thanks - I had the very same problem, but was able to make the card
flip out with very little effort using a precision mechanics
screwdriver. Such a thing is just small enough to still provide an
angle where to lever the card off it's seating. A proper way to do it
without tools would be much preferrable, though.

Kind regards,
--Toni++