[gentoo] zhone

Daniel Benoy daniel at benoy.name
Wed Mar 25 18:20:57 CET 2009

No, it's just zhone that experiences this problem.  The logs don't say much when I try to click, only:

----
2009-03-25 14:44:12,019 INFO IDLE STATE = idle
2009-03-25 14:44:12,704 INFO IDLE STATE = busy
2009-03-25 14:44:23,293 INFO IDLE STATE = idle
2009-03-25 14:44:23,305 INFO IDLE STATE = busy
----

I also can't find any obvious error messages in the logs.

Which is probably expected, I bet it's just how it decides whether to bring up the screen lock (which it does properly.  If I tap it resets the timer and it takes longer for the lock to come up.)

I'm sure this problem is a result of all the bleeding edge code I've put on here, as gentoo will grab from version control servers or some very recent tarballs if I ask it to.  I probably just caused some incompatibility while I was installing this or that.  The question for me, though, is what mechanism inside the code is used to handle these clicks, so I can determine which libraries/code to mess with.

I'm also not sure how to debug python.  Maybe someone can point me to a tutorial?

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 12:16:50 you wrote:
> - configure zhone to write to a log file (see the first lines of
> /usr/bin/zhone or the archives)
> - look at X.org.log
> - look at ~/.xsession-errors
>
> do you experience similar issues with other apps too?

Daniel Benoy
http://daniel.benoy.name