Ethernet over USB and UDEV

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Sun May 3 19:02:35 CEST 2009

su, 2009-05-03 kello 19:52 +0200, Esben Stien kirjoitti:
> Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi> writes:
> > My usb0 surely has a mac address. What makes you think your device
> > doesn't?
>
> Sure, it gets a MAC address, but it doesn't provide one itself. It
> actually gets a random MAC address assigned to it from the kernel
> driver.

Somebody who cares enough might code support for setting the MAC and
make it per default the same as the BT mac (cached into /etc), or
perhaps flip the locally administered bit to 1 if you feel like it.

Doesn't seem like a huge effort.

--
Mikko Rauhala <mjr at iki.fi>       - http://www.iki.fi/mjr/blog/
The Finnish Pirate Party         - http://piraattipuolue.fi/