The myth of missed phone calls (was: OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?)

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen rask at sygehus.dk
Sun May 3 22:33:24 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 11:10:28AM +0200, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> I have to access the image from somewhere. At 270Mb, it is to big to
> fit in flash at the same time as an OS. I can't plug in 2 uSDs,

   USB card reader if you have one.

> so I
> would like to mount the directory where the image is stored on the
> host computer, so that I can dd to the device in /dev

   One or more of the following ought to do the trick. If you use a USB card
reader, it will be /dev/sda instead of /dev/mmcblk0:

# wget URL-to-image -O /dev/mmcblk0
# scp location-of-image /dev/mmcblk0

(Linux buffers block device access, so you don't need to pipe through dd.)

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen