Call quality - Paroli, SHR, QT Extended

halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 09:15:13 CEST 2009

--- On Fri, 5/22/09, Paul <paultsai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Difficulty I had with paroli
>  * Call to other people were filled will static and
> echo.  Cycling through volume did not help.  This is a
> deal breaker for me.

"Cycling through volume did not help": I'd put it more
strongly than that. This "feature" of being able to
cycle through 3 volume levels is something that nobody
wants, should never have been implemented, and should
be removed as soon as possible. How you would describe
the 3 volume levels depends on the acuity of your
hearing, but for me, they are "inaudible", "barely
audible", and "audible in a quiet environment".
To pick the only one that is close to usable, I have
to futz with the AUX button on every single call.
My hearing ability is slightly below the median, but
I never have difficulty with a normal telephone and
can use a normal cellphone for simple calls in fairly noisy
environments (Zurich main train station).

Changing the default from "inaudible" to "audible" would
be a temporary workaround but I think the real solution
is to get rid of this feature.