need sugestions

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 21 08:14:31 CET 2009

Yes its easy to solve if you know how routing and networking works.  But
the people who are getting caught time and time again are those who are
new to FR, often new to networking and linux in general and need help
with arcane settings to fix it.  Not insoluble, but easily avoidable if
they had chosen some obscure number in the first place.

Add to that even those of us who know what they are doing have to either
reconfigure the FR every reflash or upgrade, or redesign our network(s)
in order to add it in with minimal ongoing disruption - why oh why didnt
they go dhcp like everybody else does!

BillK

On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 12:29 -0500, Nelson Castillo wrote:
> > Using that IP was one of the dummest design decisions ...
>
> Isn't it easy to solve this problem with iptables?
> Or with a specific route entry?
>
> Perhaps it should go to a FAQ.
>
> Once you get to  log in for the first time you can change that IP en
> /etc/network/interfaces .
Home in Perth!