GPS problem

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 12:40:10 CEST 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009, Gabor Laszlo wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Al Johnson
>
> <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Monday 05 October 2009, Gabor Laszlo wrote:
> >> after update of shr-settings, the switch to set gps to Manual-> always
> >> on is gone. Anyone know how to set it by hand? (or how to fix
> >> shr-settings)?
> >
> > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
> > org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy GPS enabled
> >
> > possible states are enabled, disabled, auto
>
> Thanks,
>
> I tried it but I get several warnings about a deprecated call,
> (pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
> pending_setup),

You can ignore this. It comes from a low level library, and until the library
is fixed there's nothing devs using python can do to stop it.

> and at the end
> /org/freesmartphone/Usage: SetResourcePolicy failed:
> org.freesmartphone.Usage.ResourceUnknown

That's more of a problem as it suggests frameworkd hasn't found the GPS. Or I
got the case wrong doing it from memory, which is less of a problem ;-) You
can find out which resources it knows about using:

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
org.freesmartphone.Usage.ListResources

Documentation for the resource handling calls is here:
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.Usage.html;hb=HEAD

If it doesn't have a gps resource you'll need to set the log level to DEBUG in
/etc/frameworkd.conf and check the log to see if there's any indication of a
problem.