GPS problem

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 12 13:30:44 CEST 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009, Gabor Laszlo wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Al Johnson
>
> <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > You can find out which resources it knows about using:
> >
> > mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage
> > org.freesmartphone.Usage.ListResources
>
> oh goody, it only says
> []
> does that mean it knows of no resources?

Yes, which means there's something very wrong with your setup. It should show
WiFi, Bluetooth, CPU, Display and so on as well as GPS.

> > Documentation for the resource handling calls is here:
> > http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesm
> >artphone.Usage.html;hb=HEAD
> >
> > If it doesn't have a gps resource you'll need to set the log level to
> > DEBUG in /etc/frameworkd.conf and check the log to see if there's any
> > indication of a problem.
>
> Could you elaborate on that?

/etc/frameworkd.conf has a log_level entry near the start that sets the
default log level for all components. Other entries in that section control
whether the log goes to a file, or to syslog. It all seemed fairly self
explanatory last time I looked at it as the options were described in comments
in the config file.

> Maybe I should reflash it with the latest SHR, it's been awful long
> time just doing the updates, I'm sure something's borken by now.

That's a good idea. It takes us to a known good starting point.