illume-Keyboard lowercase?

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Mon Oct 12 15:23:34 CEST 2009

On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:19:47 +0200 Nils Bokermann <openmoko at bermuda.de> said:

> Joachim Ott wrote:
> >> Hi!

> >> I'm trying to get my password typed in (which consists of lower-case and
> >> upper case letters...)
> >>
> >> What I experience (even in the terminal-application) is:
> >> I *can* use the shift-key and an uppercase-letter is shown as I type on the
> >> keyboard, but on the terminal-screen, a lowercase letter is written.
> >
> > For the terminal: has someone (or something) changed the conversion
> > handling for input? When you type "stty -a", do you see a "-iuclc" in
> > the params or just a "iuclc"? For the latter case, you can fix that
> > with "stty -iuclc".
> >

> Hi Joachim,
>
> its not only the terminal. And for sake of completness: the terminal is
> set -iuclc.

calitals (shift) works in illume upstream, in xephyr and as people say - works
on their gta02's with shr. i tested it and it works here. chances are u are
missing keymaps for x that indicate "shift + a == A". literally these keymaps
define such behavior and illume is just sending fake shifts+ a's to x via the x
test extension.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com