Drained battery

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 20 07:29:16 CEST 2009

Read and try "ALL" the suggestions listed on the wiki - they do work!

remove battery for 30 seconds and replace.
Leave it overnight on the wall charger
remove battery for 30 seconds and replace.
Ive found that removing the battery briefly and allow the undercharge
cutoff to reset (maybe bad terminiology?).  Without this, Ive found that
the phone often fails to charge/start if the battery is completely flat.

Use a nokia battery as listed on the wiki (borrow one - they are really
common) to jump start it as per the instructions on the wiki - this
should always start the phone if its ok, then swap batteries and see how
yours charges.

Once up, make sure you have a recent u-boot or Qi - some of the earlier
phones had versions that made starting with a flat battery more
difficult that it needed to be.

BillK

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 10:39 +0530, max wrote:
> I am attempting to switch on my Freerunner after quite a few months.
> However, it just doesn't turn on.
>
> I was trying some suggestions from the following page:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Freerunner_Hardware_Issues#Can.27t_boot_with_discharged_or_missing_battery_.28FIXED.29 . I have the external charger, I tried booting into the AUX menu, tried booting with USB power. Nothing worked. Any suggestions other than getting a new battery?  :-)
Home in Perth!