Drained battery

Glenn L. McGrath bug1 at westvic.com.au
Wed Oct 21 16:21:12 CEST 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:39:54 +0530
max <csy0013 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to switch on my Freerunner after quite a few months.
> However, it just doesn't turn on.

> tried booting with USB power. Nothing worked. Any suggestions other than
> getting a new battery?  :-)

I dont think its mentioned in the wiki, but when booting via USB power
you need to use the USB cable supplied with the openmoko.

If you have another USB cable it wont supply enough power to allow it
to boot, USB cables have some sort of id built in which is required to
allow a higher current than the USB spec specifies to be supplied.

With the USB cable supplied it should be able to boot without the
battery.

Glenn