MP3 'capable' [was: Meida player.]

halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com halbtaxabo-om at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 21:54:22 CEST 2009

--- On Thu, Sep 10, rakshat hooja <rakshat at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Yes I did follow the Openmoko Mp3 patent issues a long
> while back.
>
>  I just wanted to ask you if things are ok re MP3 patents
> in the following scenario

Given that you're interested in Free software, why
have anything to do with mp3? If you're ripping
a CD, use Ogg. If what you want exists on the web
as mp3 only, ask the person who provided it to make
it available in ogg format.

There are a lot of people out there who don't know
that any alternative to mp3 exists - and they will
never know unless somebody tells them. Why not you?