cannot connect to freerunner android

rakshat hooja rakshat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:02:28 CEST 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Vimal Joseph <vimaljoseph at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 13:49 -0400, François-Léonard Gilbert wrote:
> > Android has no SSH server.   It is possible that you could access your
> > phone using adb, wich is part of the Android dev kit.  Since it does
> > not work well in OS X I couldn't try it, so YMMV.
>
> Thanks, i tried adb, but i cannot even ping to 192.168.0.202 (which is
> suppose to be the phone IP). The Debian detects the phone and load the
> usb eth module properly and showed the device eth1.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> ~vimal

Have you done this

   - 3

adb connects to Android but you need to set up Android on FreeRunner first,
otherwise you may skip this step. This will not work on other distributions.
Make sure your FreeRunner was booted while being plugged in to a USB port.
If you have flashed a *Uboot*, run the following commands in Terminal:

# ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0
# adb kill-server
# ADBHOST=192.168.0.202 adb devices

If you have installed Qi loader, find on which eth device the FreeRunner is
located (for me, it is eth2).

# ifconfig -a

Then, issue the following (if you have *Qi*, and whether you found your eth
for FreeRunner. For me it is eth2):

# ifconfig eth2 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0
# adb kill-server
# ADBHOST=192.168.0.202 adb devices

Note the part about booting with USB plugged in.

Last time i tried beta 7 adb worked fine.

Rakshat

Please use Firefox as your web browser. Its protects you from spyware and is
also a very feature rich browser.
www.firefox.com