Making debian the default boot

Jonathan Schultz jonathan at imatix.com
Thu Feb 4 04:21:36 CET 2010

Hello,

Since I only ever boot my freerunner under Debian I do get pretty sick
of having to play with the boot loader menu every time I boot. It's
especially painful when the freerunner has crashed to the boot process
does a disk check then (usually) reboots a 2nd time, requiring a 2nd
intervention with the boot load.

So, what I'd like to do is make the default boot (even using the NOR
boot loader, so the real factory default) start my Debian system. The
obvious way to do this seems to be to put a second boot loader into the
flash which then mounts the SD and boots from there.  But I have no idea
how to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Jonathan