[SHR-Testing[ Trouble with 16Gb microSDHC

Konstantin Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net
Fri Jan 1 13:48:30 CET 2010

Good morning and a happy new year!

I have a weird problem when trying to boot from my shiny new Sandisk 16Gb µSDHC:
I made a single partition on it and created an ext3fs on it, to which I copied
the contents of the tarball for my fabourite distribution (the latest shr testing).
However, when booting, after the boot picture (tux with the shr logo on his
belly) gets displayed, I get the following error messages, and nothing else happens:

journal_bmap:  journal block not found at offset 14 on mmcblk0p1
Aborting journal on device mmcblk0p1
ext3_abort called.
Ext3-fs error (device mmcblk0p1): ext3_journal_start_sb: Detected aborted journal
Remounting filesystem read-only

I reformatted the card various times before, the last time even with the
thorough block check mkfs.ext3 provides (mkfs.ext3 -c -c), in order to check
wether the card is damaged in any way, but to no avail.
When using ext2 instead of ext3, the problem seems to be different, usually the
boot process itself works, but at some point enlightenment simply segfaults.

Do any of you have an idea what goes wrong here? Maybe there's a problem with my
Qi and big SD cards?
I really need that big card to work... :(

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin