usb jack already worn out?

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Fri May 7 17:52:29 CEST 2010

I disassembled the FR (see pictures at http://www.1qaz.de/usb-fix/ ),
2 of the 4 fixations were loose. I was able to solder it and it's fix
again now. But it's just like before, I can move the plug to the left
and to the right while it's plugged in (the jack is also fixated thru
the case, it doesn't move).

When I compare the FR (a v6) to my old v5 (see the last picture), the
v6 corners are more round than the v5 ones. The v5 is used only once
in a month since I toasted the gsm chip. The v6 is plugged in/out at
least 5 times every day, it's even more when I take it with me in a
car, where I'm charging it too..Don't you think I should replace the
jack with a new one?