Freerunner Remote Desktop?

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Tue May 25 23:46:03 CEST 2010

> Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:21:33 +0200
> From: Nashvin Gangaram <nashving at gmail.com>
> Subject: Freerunner Remote Desktop?
>
> Hi everyone
>
> Does anyone know of any way to "Remote Desktop" to the Freerunner (to see
> the Freerunner display on PC, via USB).  Preferably for SHR on Freerunner
> and Linux Mint or Ubuntu on PC...
>
> I've looked at:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/USB_Networking#GUI_on_desktop_through_SSH
> , but this seems to only allow specific applications to be displayed on PC.
>
> Thanks :-)

To the best of my knowledge, this is a restriction of the XServer
standard itself. It doesn't support redirecting connections from one
window to another, it only supports establishing and ending individual
connections. It would probably be pretty complex to implement such a
work-around, but I'm certain that it would be much appreciated in the
greater *nix community.