Updating OM2008 over mingw/ssh

Jared Maddox absinthdraco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 13:07:42 CET 2010

After giving up on it for a while, I'm ready to try getting a new
distro onto my freerunner (got a cheapo phone for free when AT&T did a
network migration). I've tried the SD card method (haven't managed to
figure that out), the flashing method (ditto), and the download method
(difficult when you can't get to the net at all on the phone). But I
know that I can at least READ FROM the phone with SSH, because I've
done that successfully before (and I seem to have accidentally
replacedt some stuff too... oops). So, what do I need to do to
accomplish an 'in place' upgrade, and which distro would you
recommend?

Nothing involving writing to SD card, or flashing, or bridging/etc.
network connections, please; I want to figure that out AFTER I update
the OS, NOT before.