How to get all messages from opimd?

Tomas Tintera trosos at seznam.cz
Mon Feb 20 21:27:10 CET 2012

Hi, all.

I can't find an easy way how to write client application that gets all messages from opimd. I tried

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.opimd /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Messages org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.Query '{}'

but this doesn't work when opimd is still in the stage of reading SMSs from SIM - it simply returns only the messages that were already loaded from SIM.

There is another tool that looks might help: the signal org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.NewMessage, which seems to be emitted when a message is loaded.

To accomplish the task, one can thus combine these two methods, ie.
1. Start listening to the signal "org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.NewMessage" and saving all results.
2. Do "org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.Query {}" and save results. Each message obtained this way must be checked for duplicity (to prevent the situation that some of the "NewMessage" signals were received after we did step 1. and before we did step 2.).

My question is: is there any easier way to get all messages from opimd (ie. without the need to checking for duplicit messages)? (It would be sufficient to wait until all messages are loaded from SIM to opimd and then do "org.freesmartphone.PIM.Messages.Query {}" - but is there any way to figure out whether all messsages are loaded from SIM to opimd?)

With regards,
Tomas Tintera