Openmoko Bug #2082: No icons in illume

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Mon Nov 3 12:05:11 CET 2008

#2082: No icons in illume
    Reporter:  john_lee    |        Owner:  raster
        Type:  defect      |       Status:  closed
   Blockedby:              |    Estimated:
 Patchreview:              |     Blocking:
Reproducible:  always      |

Comment(by pooze):

 I followed the link to the mailinglist above, and now the icons are back.

 What I did, however, was to flash and
 its kernel to the phone. Then I did an opkg update && opkg upgrade, which
 didn't give me as many updates as I was hoping for, so I edited the opkg
 files to point to the testing repositories. Then another opkg update &&
 opkg upgrade which took a while. Then my icons were gone. Apparently
 because I'd gotten a combination of illume-themes and illume-configs that
 wasn't compatible or something. But force-removing these packages and
 installing the ones suggested by the mail seemed to work for me.

 But I was surprised to see the bug fixed in the tracker before I got the
 error myself only by using opkg updates in the testing repo. Can any of
 you reproduce it using the file I pointed to? Or should I try to reproduce
 it here once more to see if it's still an issue?