New To the list

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 7 11:38:54 CET 2007

On Friday 07 December 2007, herve couvelard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'am new to the list and would like to say hello.
>
> We plan to use treo1973 in a global solution computer AllInOne Touch
> screen (linux of course)  + Nokia N810 + Treo1973. (all with wifi -
> treo1973 public version is said to be wifi equiped) (and perhaps gp2X F200)
>
> We would tailored version of the pack for specified activities with some
> soft to 'glue' all.
>
> Is there a release date for the public version of the phone ?

When it's ready ;-) It may also depend on your definition of public version.

Last news (~1week ago?) was that another hardware revision is needed for
GTA02. There is a known hardware problem with battery status monitoring, and
the WiFi hardware has yet to be fully tested because the driver isn't
complete. The new rev will then need a sample run for testing, and _if_ all
goes well they can do a production run. That probably pushes the earliest
delivery date to February sometime, but that's pure speculation. The software
side seems to be improving all the time, so it might even be suitable for a
non-developer by then.