Is python built-in

Jose Manrique Lopez de la Fuente jsmanrique at
Mon Jan 22 15:58:06 CET 2007

2007/1/22, Robert Michel <openmoko at>:
> Salve Mikko!
> On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Mikko J Rauhala wrote:
> > >
> > > Why? it have a mountable microSD card (1,2, maybe 4 and more GB)-
> > > the 128MB RAM is the counting limitation, not the flash ;)
> >
> > _Default_ software. The default stuff must fit in without a microSD.
> Oh I see much power with 64MB flash and I do expect a skripting language
> like python fit on the flash. But not every lib must be inside the
> flash, right?

Right! Making pygtk available as _default_ software would increase GUI
based apps developped for it.

> > I'll probably install python too, via BT-PAN or GPRS, but I don't expect
> > it to be in there by default.
> Can I ask you why not via install it via USB (Network or USB flash stick) or
> from a microSD card (1GB starts at 16 Euro, 2GB at 46 Euro), why via GPRS?

Because I expect that there will be a central packages repository, so
the packages manager would try to download them from there. Of course,
I could distribute python libs in a microSD, but I love apt-get!
Perhaps a "local" repository in a microSD? Something like adding
Debian CD to sources-list??

J. Manrique López de la Fuente
msn: jsmanrique at
jabber: jsmanrique at