What apps will be included with GTA02 phone?

Joe Friedrichsen pengi.films at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:43:02 CEST 2007

On 7/12/07, Jonas Berlin <xkr47 at outerspace.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned that the community will have these GTA01
> phones when writing software, yet GTA02 has new features that
> the community can only simulate. For me this sounds like the
> GTA02 will have cool hardware, but the greater part of the
> community will only begin to write cool software for it after it
> gets released.

While SH1 owners cannot directly write for the new hardware in GTA02
(WiFi / accelerometers), they will be writing and expanding a lot of
the other core applications (contacts, dialer, calendar, timer, etc.).
But I share your concern that well-tested and intuitive software will
be the most important thing to a new end-user (even though they may
not think, "I want well-tested and intuitive apps."). It will be
difficult for the community to write for the new hardware without
access to it. Maybe the wizards in the core team will make the first
whiz-bang apps for the new hardware.

My hope is that the slower processor in SH1 will encourage (or force
;-) the community to write efficient and simple code and not encourage
them to just let it slide until the newer/faster processor is
available.

Joe