GTK vs QTopia vs Android - (was: Re: Android needs applications) (will be: new vision for openmoko)

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Fri Nov 16 15:10:32 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 14:59 +0100, Michael Schmidt wrote:
[...]
> So make a poll for GTK-OS versus Qtopia.
> maybe it is not only a technical question. Is there an emulator to
> test both systems on my windows machine? then i can give a vote based
> on the stomach. If not, then I vote for Qtopia, as this allows secure
> VOIP with the mentioned Qt-Application for openmoko.

We've had this discussion on these mailing lists lots of times before.
Competition is good, choice is good. In the end, everyone will benefit
from being able to choose what to run on their phone.

As far as I know, OpenMoko Inc is not about to throw away all the hard
work that has gone into creating the OpenMoko platform. If you want to
use Qtopia, good for you, but now that you have made that choice, please
allow the rest of the OpenMoko community to continue working on their
own platform.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/