Third request: what *is* the warranty on the Freerunner?

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at openmoko.com
Wed Aug 6 05:10:22 CEST 2008

Hi ian:

> Define "bad"...
>
> It's a little vague -- does 'bad' simply mean DOA like was announced by
> Steve several months ago regarding the 14-day/28-day DOA warranty, or
> does 'bad' mean "phones that turn on but don't have functioning hardware" ?

Some user did have some hardware issues, like GPS is always dead even
apply software kernel driver workaround. We still take case by case
review and do swap if necessary.

Hope this make more clear.

> Thanks for working with the rest of the team to come to some consensus
> on what the warranty is all about.
>
> -id

I am not sure we could have a consensus right away, it will more like
add patches instead of major version change.

Thanks,

Tony Tu (Neng-Yu Tu)