GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - First beta package

Valerio Valerio vdv100 at
Sat Aug 9 15:26:58 CEST 2008

2008/8/9 Stroller <stroller at>

> On 8 Aug 2008, at 22:34, Valerio Valerio wrote:
> >> Question: Would it be possible to emulate the Wii Remote?
> > Yes it would be possible, it some accelerometer  work. I have a
> > similar functionality planed yet
> While requests are being made, it would be quite useful here to have
> the phone emulate the PS3 remote control.
> <
> reviewed/>
> I haven't looked closely at how the PS3 remote works. Whether it
> pretends to be a keyboard or uses some other bluetooth profile (??).
> The former case would be ideal as I guess it would need only an app
> showing fast-forward, rewind, play buttons that would sit above your
> keyboard emulator and pass their presses to it. I guess that'd be
> outside the scope of your project - not really innovative enough -
> and so maybe someone in the community would be interested in this.
> But if a whole different profile is needed then I would love it if
> you could take a quick look.

The PS3  remote use the default Bluetooth HID, so to add this app I only
need to rip of the Service record from the PS3 Remote and map the keys,
unfortunately I don't have a PS3 near to me and don't have time to look on
this now, but I think is not a difficult work.

Best regards,

Valério Valério