camera for freerunner (was Re: What will be in GTA03?)

Andy Green andy at
Tue Aug 12 10:31:25 CEST 2008

| Tim Schmidt wrote:
|> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Daniel Benoy <daniel at> wrote:
|>> I don't think people will be willing to pay an extra $200 just to
get a camera in there.
|> Please do some research before making baseless comments.  Camera
|> modules do not cost $200.  More like $10.  Less in quantity.  See
|> here:
| ah, very nice. ok resolution, and decent docs too
| did i read somewhere that there is an unused camera interface somewhere
| in the neo, or have i imagined that? failing that, it talks i2c, so
| connecting via that should be possible?
| i tried looking on the wiki for info on the camera interface, but the
| search function is not great

Glamo and CPU both have camera interfaces that are either unused or
re-used for other stuff.  I2C connection to camera module is only for
settings like "brightness", bulk pixel data comes down a parallel bus
that you have nothing to connect to.

Best bet for this if you are interested is the same story for all other
peripherals -- USB host mode on the USB socket, nice and neat, power is
provided... detachable...

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -