Repository and Images

Alex Fitzpatrick agfitzp.openmoko at
Tue Aug 26 22:11:06 CEST 2008

Julian Chu wrote:
> Hi Community,
>    As I mentioned in the previous mail[1] , we did some works.
>    [1]:
>    *) A new 2008.8 stable image
>       Holger did some changes in ASU-stable branch. We built it and put on
>       [2]
This image works fairly well, issues I have so far:

1) DNS does not work out of the box, I had to add the open dns hack to

        up echo nameserver > /etc/resolv.conf
        up echo nameserver >> /etc/resolv.conf

     Isn't there a way to populate the resolv.conf from the dhcp info?
And if so why is it not enabled by default?

2) illume-config addes the qwerty "button" but I have not yet found a
way to get a full keyboard

    Is there one?

3) WIFI works for the first time only?