Convert Freerunner CAD Files - IGES or STEP?

steve steve at openmoko.com
Mon Jun 30 19:44:52 CEST 2008

 ask michael or will

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at lists.openmoko.org
[mailto:community-bounces at lists.openmoko.org] On Behalf Of Claus Christmann
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 8:42 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: Convert Freerunner CAD Files - IGES or STEP?

Please see below:

Robin Paulson wrote:
> 2008/6/21  <bburdette at comcast.net>:
>>> I have access to Pro/E and am willing to convert the Wildfire 3
>>> files into something else. What do you prefer? IGES (Wireframe or
>>> Solid?), or STEP (Wireframe or Solid?)?
>>>

>> All of the above?  If its just a matter of selecting an export format.
>
> i'll second that - the more the better

OK, I finally found a batch processing way to convert the files to STEP and
IGES. When zipped, the archives still are kinda large (step.zip ~35MB,
step.tar.gz ~30MB, iges.zip ~100mb, iges.tar.gz ~85MB)...

So the question arises: where shall I put them? How would I get them onto
downloads.openmoko.org?

(Sorry folks, but I can't host them myself...)

Claus

--
Claus Christmann
Graduate Research Assistant