gsm modem and suspend

Flyin_bbb8 flyin.bbb8 at
Tue Nov 11 09:33:23 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Christ van Willegen
<cvwillegen at>wrote:

> Hi,
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Flyin_bbb8 <flyin.bbb8 at> wrote:
> > when system starts apm -s suspends the freerunner properly, but when i go
> > config/services and turn off gsm and turn on again  or i manually turn
> off
> > the gsm by echo 0 > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
> >
> > so what's happening here? anyone else experience this?
> I've seen similar, but not quite the same behaviour...
> When I turn my GSM modem off, I can suspend using the power button,
> but I can't wake up the device again. I need to pull the battery.

are you sure it was in suspend?, i thought mine was in suspend too until i
found out it was the screen that was off, try ssh and see, by the way i
managed to get the screen back on by

echo 0 >

echoing 63 for brightness and

DISPLAY=:0 xset s reset