AT%N0187 openmoko echo patch?

Cesar Eduardo Barros cesarb at
Mon Sep 1 13:21:39 CEST 2008

NeilBrown escreveu:
> On Mon, September 1, 2008 6:59 pm, Yorick Moko wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:43 AM, Lorn Potter <lpotter at>
>> wrote:
>>> They certainly are not in our copy of the calypso spec's that we got
>>> directly from TI. If it is, I must be missing it, and haven't found it.
>> Maybe TI just wants their products to suck?
>> What I mean: is this standard practice in this business? What possible
>> gain would TI have with not giving you that information?
> They could avoid having to pay the extra cost of getting a competent and
> thorough documentation writer?
> Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by
> incompetence!!

You can have other explanations which are neither malice nor incompetence.

- That command might be broken or incomplete in some way, so it's not
- That command might be meant for internal debugging only, so it's not

I came up with these two in less than a minute. We can probably easily
think of other valid justifications.

Cesar Eduardo Barros
cesarb at
cesar.barros at