Glad to see Gentoo-openmoko distro

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 10 03:58:40 CEST 2008

I think he answered your question Rui - there is no reason gentoo will
kill the flash any sooner than debian - unless its having up to date
software :)

There are a lot of misconceptions about gentoo, please research it
before making rash statements (like I did about up to date software :)

I find that opkg is so PRIMATIVE and restrictive compared to portage
thats its really frustrating.  And from the outside looking in, debian
isnt a whole lot better <flame suit to ON>.

BillK

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 14:51 +0100, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 01:00:36PM +0100, Al Johnson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 September 2008, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > > I hope you guys don't mind killing your phone or uSD's memory sooner
> > > than everyone else :)
> >
> > Why? Are you making some unwarranted assumptions about using Gentoo on
> > embedded systems?
>
> No unwarranted assumption, the only argument you could throw back at me is
> an argument against using Gentoo instead of any .deb or .rpm based
> distribution ;)
>
> Please, no distro-war, you're free to kill your flash devices sooner ;)
>
> Rui

Home in Perth!