Graphics Performance

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at
Fri Apr 3 14:29:48 CEST 2009

Dear list,
I was told that one of the Qt distributions has a significantly better graphic performance. Can anyone confirm this? Which distribution is it exactly?
Besides, the Java entry in the distributions table says '??' for Qt. Anyone knows about the Java support in those (hopefully) faster Qt distros?
Juan Lucas

In my case, one of the motivations for looking into the FR was the VGA
graphics capability. Any old phone would do for QVGA level performance.
As for the ferrari analogy, as far as graphics performance goes, it
looks like the Apple produces and their competitors make the FR look
like the poor cousin, which to me means that it does not have far to go
as a phone of the future. Its just an interesting little gadget for

Makes me wonder what the designers were thinking.

For non-graphics intensive applications, however, the FR is quite
adequate in VGA mode.

rixed at wrote:
> -[ Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 09:45:37AM +0200, Miguel Ángel Calderón ]----
>> What really surprises me is the fact that if this is so clear, why is
>> Comunity not working on qvga graphics yet?
>> (...)
>> I'd prefer to drive the funnier modest car than to have the ferrary parked
>> outside... I though linux and free software people were mostly this way.
> I was feeling exactly the same, and will try qvga asap.
community at