AW: Intone (0.20 - alpha release) Elementary based mplayer frontend
hab keen oh ne
baba_melone at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 5 11:29:12 CEST 2009
Good job, really! Thanks to C much faster than pythm, besides Intone seems to have more functions. Nevertheless, I would improve the look, its not really cool compared to any iSoftware. Besides, I have experienced mplayer to be too slow on the Freerunner. I you want to do more than only hear music, or click any button, the music is corrupted. Under Debian Im using xmms with gxmms, and it is much faster. I can even move windows and here music at the same time, without any problems. Just an idea, maybe its not mplayer's but SHR's fault, I dont know, just an idea.
Von: c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com>
An: community at lists.openmoko.org
Gesendet: Sonntag, den 5. April 2009, 08:59:35 Uhr
Betreff: Intone (0.20 - alpha release) Elementary based mplayer frontend
Well, it took a lot longer than I thought - but finally - here's the alpha release of Intone - a mplayer frontend (for audio files - as of now) in C. Uses about 2% CPU (max) while running - memory goes up depending on your playlist - on my phone (~2500 songs) it uses about 15%.
All you need to do is download the attached ipk and install it. Intone depends on sqlite3 and libelementary. If you have elementary on your phone upgraded to a level where the elementary test application shows you a demo of sliders and genlists, Intone should run on your phone.
The recommended way to organise music is to put all the files in a folder (lets say Music), with sub folders named after artists (say Music ->Eagles) and with sub sub folders holding albums (that becomes Music->Eagles->Hell Freezes Over->*.mp3). That way, Intone can correctly organise your music collection into albums. It automatically creates a default playlist containing all songs and individual playlists for each album. I have added features to manage playlists and albums - but there is always scope for improvement.
Intone uses a sqlite database as a backend for the playlists and albums. That should, hopefully, give flexibility in adding more features later.
Things that don't work as of now :-
1. Feedback. - I haven't been able to add dialogs yet. So - wait a little while for Intone to finish long operations (like adding your music collection for the first time - my 2500 odd songs took about 6 secs - the button remains pressed too)
2. Dialogs for deleting stuff. It's safe - Intone does not delete any files - but it does delete tables(albums and playlists) - and it doesn't yet ask for confirmation.
3. Seek. Dont know how to use the slider for seeking. Any Ideas?
4. DBUS. - Haven't gotten around to learning edbus - so no occupy resouce CPU or pause on incoming calls yet. Will take some more time.
5. Album art and lyrics. - Don't yet know the best way to go about doing this other than downloading art from some retailers etc. Ideas welcome.
6. Toggle View. Not working yet. I intend having 2 more views - Album Art and Lyrics.
I'm also looking at adding support for the button that the standard handsfree has - as a volume control (3 preselcted levels in rotation) or to go to next song (1 click) and prev song (2 clicks). Any suggestions?
Since I also have half a podcast manager built (which I couldn't finish in time for the competition) - I'm also looking at adding that support in the future.
1. Bug reports.
2. Artwork - Ideas / png's / whatever
3. Elementary help. I have a lot of questions. Here are a few :-
a) How do I reduce the vert height of 1 entry in the genlist? Right now each line in the list is too high (almost 3 text lines high) - so I get only about 4 song names on the screen. Can I reduce the height to say 1.5 text line - 2 text line?
b) How do I use the pager with a genlist? In my case the pager works - but it doesn't show the genlist - the buttons all show up though.
c) Dialogs and progress bars. I know elementary doesn't have them - but can I make/have a simple ty solution for the time being?
Oh! And I'm only adding .oga, .mp3, .m4a and wma files into the albums. Any other types I need to add?
I'll upload the code to intone.googlecode.com soon.
All feedback welcome. Thanks.
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Intone-%280.20---alpha-release%29-Elementary-based-mplayer-frontend-tp2587826p2587826.html
Sent from the Openmoko Community mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
Openmoko community mailing list
community at lists.openmoko.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the community