SHR clock reset

Niels Heyvaert nielsheyvaert at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:52:56 CEST 2009

>> I don't understand what you mean. Care to elaborate? The phone had always
>> automagically set the time correctly (from gsm I suppose). Recently it
>> doesn't do that anymore.
>>

> Freerunner (as almost all other phones) has small battery inside to
> keep clock running even without that big battery. It could just went
> flat so it can't keep clock. I had the same with my Nokia 6230i.
>
> No, setting time from GSM doesn't work yet AFAIK. Time can be set from
> NTP or GPS.

Can't we get the time from the cell antenna (cfr. the location discussed in earlier posts) using AT commands?

AT+CTZU for Automatic Time Zone Update
AT+CTZR for Time Zone Reporting
AT+CSTF for Settings time format

Not sure CSTF exists for Calypso since I did not find it in the available codes (http://www.mail-archive.com/commitlog@lists.openmoko.org/msg01114.html), but could we use the other two commands to help us out?

Just thinking out loud.

Niels.