QTMoko predictive keyboard weirdness

Daniel Weatherill plasteredparrot at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:33:08 CET 2009

Hi everyone,
first of all I have always found the QTMoko/QTopia distirbuytion to be
the only really usable software on openmoko (SHR is now getting there
slowly I suppose), so thanks :-D

I have a few questions about QTMoko predictive keyboard. I know
prediction was disabled by default a couple of versions ago, I
understand this as most people are not english speakers.

However, some of us ARE english speakers and found the predictive
keyboard very good, so I tried to re-enable prediction on my new
qtmoko (v15) install. When I perform the diagonal slide, all I get is
a change in deletion behaviour (instead of left slide deleting only
one character from the "Word bar", it deletes the entire word) - this
is the behaviour I remember from the old predictive keyboard, except
no prediction suggestions are displayed, the keyboard simply types
whatever I hit, whether accidental or good.

Can someone help me with this?
Please please please - this is almost ready to be my daily phone now
if this (and the incoming SMS bug of course) are fixed!

thanks in advance

Dan