[SHR] QVGA and WSOD

Ole Kliemann ole-om-community-2008 at mail.plastictree.net
Wed Dec 30 14:31:08 CET 2009

Trying to switch resolution to 240x320 on shr-unstable or shr-testing I
get the following problem.

/etc/fb.modes is:
mode "240x320"
    geometry 240 420 240 320 16
    timings 100000 8 88 2 2 8 2
    accel false
endmode

With X running I do:
# xrandr -s 240x320
# fbset 240x320

Now two things can happen.

1) the display works ok, just with some horizontal stripes.
2) the display fades to all white and stays like that.

Case 2) can be easily produced by just calling
# fbset 240x320
a second time, after the first call produced result 1). This almost
always works.

The screen can be all white after suspend/resume too. Sometime an all
white screen can be fixed by suspend/resume. But the timings are back to
previous state then and a call to fbset is inevitable. This mostly
results in 2) again.

When suspending/resuming sometimes there was the console visible before
X got back. There was a repeated message, I think it was
"glamofb cmd_queue never got empty"