Annuncing new Project - Intone mplayer frontend

c_c cchandel at
Sat Feb 21 05:26:48 CET 2009

Stefan Monnier wrote:
> If you use the MPD backend, it works very efficiently (probably the same
> as what
> you see with your mplayer+intone).
> The other advantage of MPD is that you can control it from anywhere .....
  Sure. :-) I haven't used MPD. But I'm more looking at using the phone as a
standalone music player (while travelling etc).
  I have no intentions of belittling pythm or any other player (who all
probably fit somewhere in the app landscape). Just looking for a different
solution to a similar prob. Hence the reference.