Need for application like PC Suite from Nokia?

Alexander Mueller XelaRellum at web.de
Tue Feb 24 17:04:07 CET 2009

Well, I have worked with several X applications on Windows as well as on
the Mac and I hated it. You can see its not a native application because
the user interface doesnt match the native one.

And about a desktop application. To me such a thing isnt jusr a remote
frontend for the phone, but rather the place where the data as synced
and backed up. As with the palm. You sync your stuff and all your apps
and all your data is on the PC. Plug in a new palm device, sync again
and your new device is ready to go. I expect the same for every device.

Especially with the Openmoko this is true after reflashing the device.

Sync is one of the really weak spots of Android and the iPhone (only
syncing pim data, syncing only with Google Mail or iTunes).

Alex