gpe-calendar disables touch-screen

Laura Vance vancel at thespazcat.com
Wed May 13 00:44:31 CEST 2009

I've waited to ask about this problem to see if anyone else has
experienced it.

I use gpe-calendar as my calendar software (tried "dates" but didn't
like it).  Every once in a while, when gpe-calendar is the visible app,
the touch screen stops working.  I can connect my FreeRunner to a
computer, SSH in, and kill gpe-calendar to get my touchscreen back, but
when I'm not near a computer that has the proper drivers installed, I
have to reboot my phone by holding the power button down until the
FreeRunner just shuts down.

Has this happened to anyone else?  Is there a workaround that I just
haven't found yet?  Is there a better calendar/reminder app that I
haven't found yet?

Thanks in advance,

-Laura