root almighty

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed May 20 12:25:08 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 05:37:50PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Going by the criteria most of you use, you must immediately delete all
> versions of Linux and destroy your OM phones and any other harware you
> own, as it almost certainly has used proproety software/hardware
> somewhere in its manufacturing chain:

You have a completely radical view of the subject which I don't subscribe.

> Linux has been used on a number of propriety devices, including very
> tightly locked down versions (Nokia and other phones).

And I don't advocate them.

> OM hardware has the closed firmware GPS and GSM chipsets

They run on independent processors and conversation is done through a
serial device, modem-like.

It's not perfect, but it's light years ahead in terms of freedom.

> I am a bit aghast at the weirdness shown here:
> Wake up!

Please don't insult people. I resent the implications of those two
statements.

Thanks,
Rui

--
Grudnuk demand sustenance!
Today is Setting Orange, the 67th day of Discord in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?