Ideal screen rotation

Warren Baird wjbaird at
Tue Nov 10 18:17:54 CET 2009

I meant that it should *constrain* the behaviour of rotation - more or less
like omnewrotate behaves now, but skipping over the two 'incorrect'

so if the app says 'landscape', it's still flip between xrandr -o 1 and
xrandr -o 3 as you rotate the phone, but won't flip to xrandr -o 0 or xrandr
-o 2.

I don't think it will normally makes sense for an application to
specficially request 'xrandr -o 3' - they will usually just want to be sure
that they are displayed in portrait or landscape mode.

I've been using epdfview a lot lately, and I'd love to be able to constrain
it to only show up in landscape mode...